Currently I am Full Professor for Sociology of digitalisation of organisation and work at the Hessian University of Police and Administration.
I am teaching social sciences, empirical research methods and working methods at Bachelor and Master level, supervising students projects, bachelor and master thesis.
Up to 2016, April I worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Institute of Sociology, Goethe-University Frankfurt/Main. Before, I hold a Deputy Professorship Sociology with a Specialty in Sociology of Technology at University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt. From 07/2010-07/2013 I worked as a scientific assistant at the Institute of Sociology, Technische Universität Darmstadt in the course of the BMBF-project „TRUST teamwork“. Until July 2010 I have been a fellow at the interdisciplinary Postgraduate School „Topologies of Technologies“ granted by the German Research Foundation (DFG) at Technische Universität Darmstadt for four years.
- Board member section Sociology of Work and Industry in the German Sociological Association (since 09/2018)
- Member of the Advisory Board „Transdisciplinary Workplace Research Network (TWR)“
- Member of the project advisory board „Qualificia Digitalis“, German IT-Planungsrat
- Member of the Advisory Board „Project Kommunalcampus“
- Member of the project advisory board of the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung project „Lean im Büro“ (2014-2016)
- Member section Sociology of Organisations, German Sociological Association
- Member of the Working Group 9.1. IFIP Computers and Work
- Member of International Sociological Association (Research Committee 30 Sociology of Work)
- Review Activities: Zeitschrift für Soziologie, Zeitschrift Arbeit, AIS-Studien, Berliner Zeitschrift für Soziologie, Organisational Ethnography; Information, Communication and Society; Annual Conference First International Network of Trust Research (FINT), ISA World Forum u.A.